Just Plain Polka

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our Newest Addition....





Our family of 3 became a family of 4 on April 22, 2010. William Davis Stewart decided to make his debut 3 weeks early. I was at a Barons baseball game with my Dad, Ellison and my nephew, Jacob when I started having contractions. After going back to my parents house to wait it out, I decided to head to the doctor late that afternoon. Dr. Kennedy decided to keep me overnight to see if it was true labor. I was still progressing the next morning and by lunch I was 4 cm. I was definitely in labor.
William came into the world at 6:20 pm. He weighed 6lbs 9oz and was 19 1/4 in long. He was perfect and beautiful. He had some trouble breathing when he was born and he was in the NICU for 6 days. He was on oxygen and had to have all of these tubes in him. He was so little in that big bed. Thankfully, he was able to come off of the oxygen after 3 days and they were able to monitor him until it was determined he was healthy enough to be discharged.
We brought him home on April 28 and began life as a family of 4. Going from one baby to two has been interesting, but not as hard as everyone said it would be. William is a very good baby and extremely laid back. He likes to just look around and loves to try and find Ellison. Anytime she laughs or squeals, he starts searching. My hope is that they will be close when they are older. Ellison adores him and loves to "help" Mommy! Above are some pictures from William in the hospital....

No comments:

Post a Comment