Just Plain Polka

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

9 months old. Am I happy or sad???


William turned 9 months old on January 22. I cannot believe that it has been nine months since I gave birth to him. It literally seems like I was just pregnant with him. Will thinks I am crazy because I get sad the older he gets. It is the same way with Ellison. I just want my babies to stay babies and it amazes me how fast the time flies.

William is the best baby. I am not just saying this. He really is. He is very laid back and good natured. He's not fussy or demanding. He is most happy in his walker following his sister around or in his room playing in the floor with his cars and his basketball goal. He loves to be outside and when it is too cold to go out, he loves to sit in front of the window and watch the cars go by. He is definitely ALL boy! He is not crawling and instead prefers to "roll" everywhere. He does get up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth, but will always decide to lay on his belly and roll to wherever he wants to go. He weighs around 19 lbs. I have been bad and not taken him to his 9 month well baby visit. I forgot the day we had an appointment. I really should get on that! Anyway, he now has 2 teeth. He got them both within a week of each other. He wasn't too fussy but we had a couple of sleepless nights. He says "mama" and "dada". He has started to wave bye-bye but will do it at random times. He loves to play peek-a-boo and will laugh hysterically if his sister plays it with him. He also likes to throw all the ABC magnets on the floor from the fridge. He LOVES food! He is still on baby food and takes 2 8oz bottles a day. He has had some table food, but not a lot. He loves to eat sweet potatoes from our plate. He thinks they're yummy! He puts himself to sleep at nap times and at night, which is really nice. He still takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap. His morning nap is getting shorter so I am thinking he will cut those out before too much longer. He loves to hug and kiss on me and Will. He gives me more kisses! I think his Daddy's beard tickles him :). He is the sweetest little boy and I am so blessed that God gave him to me. I can't wait to see the new things he will be doing by the end of this month.

Here are a few 9 month pics that my sister took of him...



No comments:

Post a Comment