Just Plain Polka

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Flu STINKS!


Yep, the flu has struck my home....and it's HORRIBLE. It started with William last Wednesday. He started running a fever and not sleeping at all! At first, I thought it was just a fever virus and was treating it with Tylenol, but he continued to run a fever and developed a runny nose and cough, so on Friday I decided it was best to take him to the doctor. FLU TEST WAS POSITIVE. Of course, I felt horrible for not taking him in sooner but he really didn't display the usual symptoms of the flu. The doctor put him in some Tamiflu and by Sunday afternoon I could tell he was feeling a little better. Enter Ellison....she begins running a fever early Sunday afternoon. I called the doctor and they called her in some tamiflu, also. She starts it that afternoon and by Tuesday night she is fever free and I think we are finally over it. Jokes on me! Friday morning Ellison wakes up with 101.1 fever. Back to the doctor we go. FLU TEST WAS POSITIVE! Are you kidding me? Was she not just on tamiflu? Isn't that supposed to take care of it? So, we are now back on tamiflu and she is pitiful. She is definitely acting like she has the flu, unlike William did. She basically wants to lay on me or on the couch. Anyone who knows Ellison knows this is not the norm for her. I am hoping that William doesn't catch it again. That would be horrible. I am thankful that haven't gotten it. Only by the grace of God have I stayed healthy. Two babies with the flu breathing and laying all over me and I have felt fine. I guess God knows that sick babies need a healthy Mommy! Hopefully, this flu will be gone in a few days and I can disinfect my house....I am sure the germs are lurking everywhere!

On a side note, I am posting a couple of pics of William. I just thought they were cute and shows what he likes to do now....
He loves to play in his room while looking out of the window. He was so amazed watching this cement truck the other day. He is ALL boy! Any type of truck or car makes him very excited!


This picture makes me laugh. This is the fridge farm. You are supposed to match the animals (ex. horse head to the horse body) and then it plays a cute little song. It also plays Farmer in the Dell. It is a somewhat educational toy which is why I like it so much. William doesn't play with it to learn. He thinks the only reason it is on the fridge is so that he can take it off and throw it so that it makes a loud crashing sound and the song starts skipping. Then he laughs hysterically. Like I said, ALL BOY!

Same thing with the letter magnets. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment