Just Plain Polka

Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas Eve at Mimi and Poppy's

Every year on Christmas Eve we head over to my parents house. My sister and her family are also there. We usually eat lunch, let the kids open presents, eat dinner and then try to get home before Santa Claus comes to our house. This year was no different. I love spending Christmas Eve with my family. I love to watch Ellison and William play with their cousins. I love to spend time with my Mom and Dad and sister. I do miss not having Eric, Adrienne and Luke there, though. Eric's work schedule is insane and he has to be at work both on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas, so they stayed in Atlanta this year. Hopefully, they will be able to join us in the coming years.

My mom and I in the kitchen!

My niece, Abbie, and I being goofy.

Me, Ellison, Kailyn, Abbie and my Mom. Laurie is camera shy!

I was so excited that this was William's first Christmas. He did not dissappoint. He was excited about opening his presents though I thin kit was just because he liked the wrapping paper. He got some cool little cars from his cousins and he loves to play with them. They are just his size. I think his favorite thing about that day was all of the wrapping paper scattered everywhere. I had to keep getting it out his mouth. Ellison never put anything in her mouth when she was a baby, but I can tell that I will be digging things out of William's mouth all the time. I will definitely have to make sure my floors are clean at all times or he will become my human vacuum.





Ellison was also alot of fun this Christmas. She caught on very quickly to the idea of Santa Claus and came up with a long list of things she wanted from him. Mom got her a Mobigo. For those of you who may not know what that is, a Mobigo is like a hand held video game (this one is educational). As soon as she opened it, she was done. She didn't care about any of her other presents. She hit the motherload with this one. We actually have to set a timer for her so that she won't play it all day! She has actually impressed us with it. She can already do the "difficult" setting and she is only 3 (well, almost 3)!



No comments:

Post a Comment