Just Plain Polka

Saturday, January 22, 2011

"I Got Tee Tee on my Foot"

Friday morning, as I lay in bed, Will had gotten up to eat breakfast with Ellison. While Ellison was sitting at her little table Will told her that he was going to take a shower and that she should finish her breakfast and watch her Backyardigans video. While Will was getting out of the shower, he heard the bathroom door creep open to find Ellison standing there in her undies and nothing else. Here is the following converstaion between my husband and our 2 year old.

Will: "Ellison, where are your PJ's?"
Ellison: "I need new PJ's."
Will: "Why do you need new PJ's?"
Ellison: "My foot got wet."
Will: "How did your foot get wet?"
Ellison: "From the toilet."
Will: "YOU STUCK YOUR FOOT IN THE TOILET?!"
Ellison: "No, from the tee tee. I got tee tee on my foot."
Will: "Could you not get your PJ's off?"
Ellison: Yes...but I took my little potty (SHE DOESN'T USE THE LITTLE POTTY) up to the living room so that I could watch the Backyardigans while I tee teed."
Will: "So you tee teed in your little potty?"
Ellison: "No, I tee teed on the floor and stepped in it.

*Sidenote: At this point William wakes up soaked in his own tee tee...

At this point, I roll over and bury head under the pillow. I mean, seriously, it's not even 7:30. So, Will walks to the living and discovers a pool of urine in our floor. We are still trying to decide why exactly she even went through the trouble bringing her little potty to the living because it was obvious she didn't plan to use it. Will is also wondering how that much urine came out of someone so little.

So, today we are thankful for hardwood floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment