Just Plain Polka

Monday, January 17, 2011

I am way to southern for this stuff....

This past Sunday, January 9, the Gadsden area got some snow....no, let me rephrase...we got A LOT of snow! I am the biggest skeptic there is when it comes to snow in the south. They start talking about us getting snow and I usually just laugh. I feel like the meteorologists always over react and we never get what they "predict". It was no different this time. They were saying we would get 8-10 inches and I was laughing thinking we might get a dusting of snow. However, we were really out of milk, so I did go to the store to get a gallon....not because I thought we would be snowed in for a week, but because I have a 2 year old who drinks milk all the time and we were out of it. People were CRAZY! You would have thought a BLIZZARD was on its way. By the time I worked my way through the crazy people, there was barely any milk left....ridiculous! Well, I guess the joke was on me. When we woke up Monday morning, all you could see was a blanket of white. Ellison was very excited so we dressed warmly (Thanks to my in-laws I was rocking some very stylish early 90's ski clothes) and headed out to explore.


Now, it's not that I don't like snow...I actually do. But, after about 2 days, I am ready for things to be normal again. I like living in Alabama because we normally have very mild winters and I like the heat of the summer. Well, thanks to the snow and then the ICE we were stuck for an entire week. All of the schools were closed, the roads were closed, EVERYTHING was frozen. I may have liked it if I had gotten out of work, but as a stay-at-home mom, I don't get off days (not that I would trade it for anything). So, it was very challenging keeping Ellison and William entertained when we couldn't go anywhere. I really wish I had taken pictures of my house during the week. IT WAS A DISASTER! Every toy, every book, every crayon was scattered all throughout my house. I didn't even bother to clean it up at night because I knew it would look the same the next day. However, I think Ellison and William had a lot of fun being able to bring out all of their toys.


By Friday afternoon, most everything had finally melted off of the roads and we were finally able to get out and do some stuff! It was so refreshing to get out of the house and I think both of the kids agreed. So, where we all had fun in the snow, I hope we don't see anymore for a long time......

No comments:

Post a Comment